A CRITICAL LOOK INTO BRITAIN PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
England is the oldest parliamentary democracy of the world, According to Mukhi (2008) that is why British parliament institution and they are working. All administrative powers are vested in the council of ministers, headed by prime minister which governs the nation in the name of the Monarch ie the king or Queen as the case may be.
For the purpose of this work we shall state some basic feature of public administration of Britain and France and upon the features the work base its camparism” They includes: Thus: According to Mukhi (2008 196).
- Supremacy of parliament: In Britain administration, parliament is supreme and law pass it one final.
- The partimentalization: The system function on departmental basis. All administrative work are divided in different departments.
- Political neutrality: The bureaucracy which runs the administration is required to be political neutral.
- Efficiency: Britain all over the world are known for its efficiency.
- Pyramidical set up: The administrative system of Britain has a pyramidic set up in which base is very broad and becomes narrows when they goes up.
- Rule of Law: In Britain, there is rule of law and all are governed by the same set of rules and are considered equal in the eyes of law.
- Difference between theory and practices in England, there is wide gap between theory and practices in so far as administrative system and power are concerned.
- A mix of Amateure and Expertis: Britain, in the administrative field, there is healthy mix of amateur and experts. Political boss who head the department are mateures.
- They have no knowledge about the work of the departments to which they head.
- They head that because of the prime minister has allotted the minister concerned aparticular portifolio. He may not have even the basic knowledge of the subject he is required to deal.
- In Britain influence of industrialist and business magnates is on the increase.
- No separation of power: In England there is no separation of power among the three organs of government: Namely the executive, legislative and the judiciary. There some, there is no system of checks and balance the parliament has legislative power and enacts laws he can also site as a court of law. The minister who are accountable to him are its members and are executive heads of their function and power are fusied.
- Aristocratic nature of Bureaucracy: In England, Bureaucracy has anis to cractic character and it is going away from the poor.
- Public accountability of Administration: Administration has public accountability. It is responsible to the parliament through minister who heads the department.
- Supremacy of Generalists in administration: In England, its generalists dominates over specialists.
- Co-ordination in activities: In Britain, administration, every cane is taken to see that activities of all departments are properly co-ordinate.
- An evolved system: In England administrative system has gradually evolved. Once the country had absolute monarchy and words of the monarchy used to be law.