THE CURATIVE POWER OF NUTRITION OVER DISEASES AND DISORDERS
Cancer is a group of disease characterized by the uncontrolled growth and spread of abnormal cells. The normal cells trespass into surrounding tissues, interfere with the tissues’ ability to function and eventually damage or destroy the healthy cells.
Cancer develops into two stages, the initiation stage and the promotion stage. The initiation stage is where the normal health cell or its generic code is altered by a substance called mutagen or carcinogen. The promotion stage is where the abnormal cell is encouraged by a substance called promoter.
It is estimated that as such as 70% of all cancers are diet related, which make diet second only to tobacco as the most influential factor in the development of cancer.
Alcohol does not initiate cancers, but it promotes the growth of a pre-existing abnormal cell.
People maintain a healthy or ideal body weight as compared to people who are 20% or more above their ideal body weight, live longer are at a lower risk for developing cancers, especially the cancers of the prostrate, uterus, gallbladder, kidney, cervix, stomach, colon and breast.
DEITARY GUIDELINES FOR THE PREVENTION OF CANCER
- Avoid obesity
- Cut down on total fat intake
- Eat more high fiber food such as whole grain cereals, fruit and vegetables.
- Include cruciferous vegetable in your diet.
- Include foods rich in vitamin A and C in your daily diets
- Eat moderately of salt-cured, smoked, and nitrite cured foods
- Keep alcohol consumption moderate or quit drinking alcohol
- Avoid tobacco, it is dangerous to your health