Diabetes Mellitus and Nutrition
Diabetes Mellitus is characterize by a reduced ability to use and metabolize dietary carbohydrates
Elevated food sugar level and abnormal amount of sugar in the urine.
Just like our formal article on Acne Pimple and Nutrition and Cardiovascular disease, we will take our time here to explain to your types and causes of diabetes and possible diet that can help eliminate this disease.
There are two types of diabetes and they are:
- Diabetes Type I diabetes called insulin dependent (IDDN) and also called juvenile-onset diabetes.
- Diabetes Type II diabetes called no insulin dependent (NIDDM). It is also called adult-onset diabetes-when the cells of pancreas are weak.
Causes of Diabetes Mellitus, Diabetes Mellitus Causes
- Over weight
- Excess fat – poor diet
- Lack of exercise
Syntoms of Diabetic Mellitus , Diabetic Mellitus Syntoms
Diabetic Symptoms of high blood sugar in human body include frequent urination, increased thirst, and increased hunger. If left untreated, diabetes can cause many complications. Acute complications include diabetic ketoacidosis and nonketotic hyperosmolar coma
Dietary Recommendation of Diabetes mellitus Patients, Diabetes Diet
- Maintain ideal body weight:- more than three out of four diabetics are overweight- reduction of body weight aids in the treatment of diabetes Mellitus.
- Diet high in complex carbohydrate such as whole grain breads and cereals, vegetables, cooked dry beans and peas, potatoes and other unrefined starch is beneficial in the control of diabetes
- Vitamins and minerals derived from fruits and vegetables and a multiple vitamin- mineral supplements that contains all the vitamins and most of the minerals especially chromium and magnesium helps in the prevention and treatment of diabetics Mellitus.
- Regular exercise improves how the body uses insulin and aids in the regulation of blood sugar level. Aerobic exercise such as walking, jogging, stationary or outdoor bicycling performed 3 to 4 times a week, for 20 minutes or more will have an overall lowering effect on blood sugar
Thanks for your time and I hope our prescription helps, share this post and follow us for subsequent health tips publications.