HELICOBACTER PYLORI (H. Pylori)
This test is carried out with the HEXAGON H- Pylori kit. It is used for the rapid detection of helicobacter pylori 1gG antibodies in human serum as an aid in the diagnosis of gastrointestinal diseases.
The test employs a combination of monoclonal anti-human 1gG antibody- dye conjugate, highly purified proteins from H.Comments 0 Pylori fixed in test line and anti-mouse 1gG antibodies in the control line.
As the sample flows through the absorbent pad, human 1gG is bound by the anti-human dye 1gG- dye conjugate to form an immune complex. This binds to the H. pylori proteins in the test line and produces a red-violet colour on the test line. If anti H. Pylori antibodies are present in a sample, excess conjugate reacts in the control line with anti-mouse 1gG antibodies forming a second red-violet line to demonstrate the potency of the reagents. http://www.nasarity.com/www-yahoomail-com-yahoo-mail-com-sign-up-yahoomail-login/The specimen used for the test is serum.
Procedure for Helicobacter Pylori
- A whole blood sample is collected into a Serum Separation Tube (SST).
- Centrifuge for 5 minutes.
- After which serum is derived.
- Serum and hexagon H-Pylori test device are allowed to attain room temperature prior to testing holding a pipette vertically.
- Add 4 drops of serum is dispensed into a well of a test device.
- Time is set for 10 minutes after which result is read.
PREGNANCY TEST on Helicobacter Pylori
Human Chronic Gonadotropin Hormone (HCG) is a glycoprotein hormone secreted by the developing placenta shortly after fertilization. A pregnancy test is one that determines to an extent, the presence of the placental hormone (HCG). In a normal pregnancy, HCG can be detected generally as early as 7 days following conception.
The appearance of HCG soon after conception and its subsequent rise in concentration during early gestational growth makes it an excellent maker for the detection of pregnancy. However, a negative result may be obtained in many early pregnancies and some late pregnancies due to low levels of HCG.
The mono HCG- strip used for pregnancy test is a qualitative colloid membrane test for determination of HCG in serum. It employs a unique combination of monoclonal and polyclonal antibodies to selectively identify HCG in serum.
Procedure For Helicobacter Pylori
- The test strip is removed from its protective foil.
- A test tube is filled with serum and the HCG strip is inserted into serum in a vertical position.
- The serum should not be higher than the maximum level indicated in the strip.
- The result is read in 5 minutes.
Interpretation of results of Helicobacter Pylori
In 5 minutes, a colour band will appear close to the top (control area) to show the test is due to reading. The development of colour band on the membrane in the lower test area indicates the presence of HCG which means a positive result and if there is no colour band that means a negative result.