Quality Control Measure in Organic Fertilizer Industry
Quality control simply means to maintain a common standard of quality of products. Organic Fertilizer Industry must adopted a quality control to maintains the quality standard of the product. They include:
- Material Source: The materials used in the company such as urea, muriate of potash, diamminonium phosphate and limestone are gotten from nationally accredited dealers.
- Laboratory Test: A random test is being carried out in order to know the best quality of materials. The company carryout their Laboratory Test at the University of Nigeria Nsukka Chemistry Laboratory.
- Formulation and Calculation: There is a standard formula used to calculate the quality and quantity of the products to avoid bias.
- Product Inspection: During production, inspection takes place to makes sure there is normal blending and easy flow of materials from the hoppers.
- Packaging: When packaging the finished product, there in a cellophane bag inside the sack which is used to protect the products from atmospheric moisture which can denature the product.
- Storage: The products are stored in a conducive ware house that is cool and dry using pellets which separates the products from the ground.
FORMULATION AND CALCULATION OF NITROGEN PHOSPHATE-POTASH FERTILIZERS
Calculating and formulation of NKP fertilizer helps in producing a certain quality and quantity of products. Various steps are followed in order to formulate and calculate NKP which includes:-
- Selection of materials, noting their name and guarantees.
- Check material analyses, makes sure that the material guarantees used in the formular match the guarantees of the material in the bin.
- Specify the grade and perform the calculation.