RELEVANCE OF FAMILY PLANNING AMONG WOMEN
The importance of Family planning in the lives of women cannot be over emphasized judging from the role and place of a woman in the family.
This article will beam its light on the importance of family planning in the life of women in the society.
- The problem of illegitimate children and abortions which often occur among unmarried mothers are taken care of.
- It brings about certain changes such as to educate and motivate the sexually active and fertile couples to accept the small family norm in order to provide the children with their essential needs such as good clothing, housing and quality education e.t.c.
- Family planning contributes greatly in building strong family, society and alliviating poverty to some extent. For instance, when someone lacks knowledge of family planning, it could lead the victim to unnecessary expenses that comes as a result of wrong application of contraceptives, it could also lead to over population family much so that the parent do not have enough resources to taker care of the children and because the children have been brought to life they must be taken fed, when the load would be too much for them. In some cases he goes drinking alcohol to relieve himself of anxiety, smoking Indian hemp which we know is dangerous to health.
- To promote research on normal reproduction, investigation and treatment of infertility and recurrent abortion, it also includes evaluation of pregnancy termination as a method of family planning.
- It promotes health and happiness of individual members of the family.
- It aids in management and treatment of infertility through provision of adoption services.
- It aids some of the preventions and management of sexually transmitted infections.
- It provides mean by which h pre-conception counseling is given to a couple especially during post-partum period when couples visit the hospital.
- It gives room for individuals to have adequate knowledge of sex and reproductive life prior to parenthood through sex education.
- It has helped individuals achieve proper child spacing and limitation to family size.
- It helps to reduce maternal/child mortality and morbidity rate through prevention and high-risk pregnancies as well as improving quality life.
- It helps in prevention and treatment of gynecological problems, including in fertility disorders and prolapsed uterus.
- It helps in safe management of unwanted pregnancies.